So I decided instead of having a pity party for myself I wrote down a list of goals that I want to accomplish to help get my thoughts and a direction for my life at this point in time to be in. So here they are written on my dry erase board in my office.
Short Term Goals
1. blog everyday: I want to start having a post almost everyday of the week and not lapse for a long period of time
2. Sew a Piece of Clothing: by this I mean create a piece of clothing from scratch. Using a tutorial at first then creating my own from my brain
3. Cook Something Not Americanized: I want to try to cook new foods from different cultures and not just chili or burritos
4. Dress Out of My Comfort Zone: I am a tee shirt and shorts kind of person and when I mean tee shirts, they usually have a geeky slogan or cute animal on them. I want to start wearing more fashion forward clothing and step out of my comfort zone just a little
Mid Term Goals
1. Open an ETSY Shop: I really want to do this to get my creations out there and make someone excited as I am when I find something on ETSY.
2. Do a Run or Walk for Charity: I have always wanted to do one of these for a good cause. There are so many to choose from its hard but by the end of the year I want to do at least 2.
3. Redecorate My Guest Bathroom: I really want to do a theme bathroom and spruce up our guest bathroom for visitors.
4.Organize Office: Right now my office is a mix between studying cave and craft room. I want to fuse both without having a crazy mess everywhere all the time. Its really distracting and makes it hard to get the creative juices going
Long Term Goals
1. Be an Employed Social Science Teacher: This is my dream and I will obtain it. Nothing beats teaching kids and having them understand the world around them.
2. Stay Organized: This is going to be a on going process that I am going to need help conquering. Must find a Type A personality!
Be a Great Wife, Daughter, and Friend
Do a Random Act of Kindness No Matter How Small
Ill keep you all up to date on how I am doing with my goals after organizing everything I feel a lot better. I also feel ready to take them on and cross them off my list!
What are some goals that you have set for yourself this year?